Banana Chiffon Cake- Seri Mummyalyssa
6 Egg yolks
1/4 tsp Salt
60ml Cooking oil
170g Banana puree
1/2 tsp Banana essence
50g Caster sugar
110g Plain flour
1/4 tsp Baking soda
6 Egg whites
1/2 tsp Cream of tartar100g Caster sugar
- To make egg yolk batter, combine egg yolks, salt, oil, banana puree, essence and sugar in a mixing bowl. Fold in sifted flour and baking soda until forms batter.
- To make egg white foam, beat egg whites, tartar and sugar until mixture becomes peak form.
- Gently fold beaten egg white foam into egg yolk batter until blended.
- Pour batter into ungreased 9" (22cm) tube pan.
- Bake at preheated oven at 170C for about 45 minutess or until cooked.
- Then switch temperature to lower grill and bake chiffon cake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove chiffon cake from oven, invert mould onto table.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before removing the cake from the mould.