Hari yang teramat busy... mesti siapkan bahan2 untuk BBQ cum BDay kawan along tommorow.
Ni mama dah siapkan Eggless Chocolate Cake requested by Along...
Nampak kat rumah Ijan Finland... lepas 2 nampak kat rumah Ika... and so onnnn. Besok baru dapat rasa... hehehe Thanks to Ijan for sharing the eggless and simple & easy to make cake. Ni mama C&P jer dari rumah Ijan. Thank u very much :)
Eggless Chocolate Cake Recipe
- All Purpose Flour 1 cup
- Baking Powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Baking Soda 1 teaspoon
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder 6 tablespoons
- Granulated Sugar 3/4 cup
- vegetable oil 1/2 cup
- Hot Coffee 1/4 cup (1 tsp of coffee in 1/4cup hot water)
- Milk 1/4 cup
- Yogurt (I used plain non fat, measured it with dry measuring cup) 1/4 cup
- Vanilla Extract 1 teaspoon
Yield: One 8-inch or 9-inch cake.
- Preheat the oven to 170 C. Lightly grease an 8-inch round cake pan and dust it with cocoa powder.
- In a large bowl sift together the all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder and sugar. Make a well.
- Add all the wet ingredients one by one.
- With an electric mixer, beat the mixture on low speed for 2-3 minutes until the dry and wet ingredients are well combined. Do not over beat it.
- Pour the batter in the prepared pan. Tap the pan a couple of times so the batter is spread evenly and there are no air bubbles.
- Once out of the oven, transfer the pan to a wiring rack to cool. After about an hour remove the cake from the pan and let the cake cool completely before frosting.
- Margarine/butter at room temperature 3 tablespoons
- Powdered sugar 1 1/2 cups- mama used 1 cup only
- Unsweetened cocoa powder 1/4 cup
- Milk, fat free 3-4 tablespoons
Yield: About 3/4th cup of frosting, enough for one 8-inch or 9-inch cake.
- In a medium size bowl add the margarine, powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Start beating with an electric mixer on low speed. At this stage it may seem to be very dry. Don’t panic. Wait until you add the milk.
- Add milk little by little and continue beating the mixture till you get a nice spreadable consistency.
- Now transfer the cake to a plate and start frosting it.
- Cool down in fridge for at least one hour (the texture of the frosting will look better after at least one hour in fridge).
Happy Long Weekend EveryBody :)